BELOIT, Wis. - A Beloit company sustained $82,000 worth of damage in a commercial property fire Wednesday morning, officials said.
A fire was reported around 6:40 a.m. in a building at 701 White Ave., according to a release. Fairbanks Morse Engine Division occupies the building owned by ENRPO Industries Inc.
Officials said sparks and embers from an operating plasma cutter started the filters in the collection system on fire.
There was light fire and smoke damage, according to the release. Structure damage is estimated at $10,000 and content damage is estimated at $72,000 with $60,000 being for the cost of the collection unit.
All employees were safely evacuated from the building, officials said.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs