IRON RIVER, Wis. - A 22-year-old man has died from injuries he suffered in a snowmobile crash in Bayfield County.
The Bayfield County Sheriff's Office said the crash was reported about 11:45 p.m. Friday and happened about four miles east of Iron River.
A news release from the sheriff's office said the victim reportedly was snowmobiling with three friends when he decided to move to the front of the group. A short time later, he lost control while trying to negotiate a corner and hit a tree.
The Duluth News Tribune reports the man is from Bryant in northeastern Wisconsin. His name has not been released pending notification of family.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say