IRON RIVER, Wis. - A 22-year-old man has died from injuries he suffered in a snowmobile crash in Bayfield County.
The Bayfield County Sheriff's Office said the crash was reported about 11:45 p.m. Friday and happened about four miles east of Iron River.
A news release from the sheriff's office said the victim reportedly was snowmobiling with three friends when he decided to move to the front of the group. A short time later, he lost control while trying to negotiate a corner and hit a tree.
The Duluth News Tribune reports the man is from Bryant in northeastern Wisconsin. His name has not been released pending notification of family.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed