IRON RIVER, Wis. - A 22-year-old man has died from injuries he suffered in a snowmobile crash in Bayfield County.
The Bayfield County Sheriff's Office said the crash was reported about 11:45 p.m. Friday and happened about four miles east of Iron River.
A news release from the sheriff's office said the victim reportedly was snowmobiling with three friends when he decided to move to the front of the group. A short time later, he lost control while trying to negotiate a corner and hit a tree.
The Duluth News Tribune reports the man is from Bryant in northeastern Wisconsin. His name has not been released pending notification of family.
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit