MADISON, Wis. - A social gathering that turned violent Saturday night ended with the main suspect in the hospital, according to Madison police.
Police were called to the 700 block of Troy Drive at 10 p.m. on Saturday for reports of violence at a house.
Witnesses told police the suspect got into several arguments and struck a 36-year-old Madison man several times in the head with a beer bottle, giving the victim a deep head cut. The suspect was pushed out of the house and a front window was shattered, according to witnesses.
The suspect suffered a serious arm laceration and was hospitalized.
Police said the 27-year-old Madison suspect is expected to be arrested on suspicion of substantial battery, criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct when he's released from the hospital.Madison crime map
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'