MADISON, Wis. - A social gathering that turned violent Saturday night ended with the main suspect in the hospital, according to Madison police.
Police were called to the 700 block of Troy Drive at 10 p.m. on Saturday for reports of violence at a house.
Witnesses told police the suspect got into several arguments and struck a 36-year-old Madison man several times in the head with a beer bottle, giving the victim a deep head cut. The suspect was pushed out of the house and a front window was shattered, according to witnesses.
The suspect suffered a serious arm laceration and was hospitalized.
Police said the 27-year-old Madison suspect is expected to be arrested on suspicion of substantial battery, criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct when he's released from the hospital.Madison crime map
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls