MIDDLETON, Wis. - A basement fire damaged a home in Middleton Friday, according to the Middleton Fire Department.
Firefighters were called to 7505 Voss Parkway late Friday morning by a neighbor who said he came home to smell smoke in his house and saw heavy smoke coming from his neighbor's home.
Fire officials at the scene told WISC-TV the fire was coming from the basement, transferred through the floor to the main entry area and was well-advanced by the time they arrived.
A backdraft resulted in heavy smoldering inside the home, according to fire officials. The floors of the home partially collapsed.
The cause of the fire and damage estimates are yet to be determined.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart