MIDDLETON, Wis. - A basement fire damaged a home in Middleton Friday, according to the Middleton Fire Department.
Firefighters were called to 7505 Voss Parkway late Friday morning by a neighbor who said he came home to smell smoke in his house and saw heavy smoke coming from his neighbor's home.
Fire officials at the scene told WISC-TV the fire was coming from the basement, transferred through the floor to the main entry area and was well-advanced by the time they arrived.
A backdraft resulted in heavy smoldering inside the home, according to fire officials. The floors of the home partially collapsed.
The cause of the fire and damage estimates are yet to be determined.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire