MADISON, Wis. - Legendary Green Bay Packers quarterback Bart Starr collapsed after giving a presentation during an event at Monona Terrace in Madison Tuesday morning, according to staff at Monona Terrace.
Fran Puleo, community and public relations manager for Monona Terrace, said Starr wrapped up his presentation, collapsed and later regained consciousness.
Emergency responders were called to Monona Terrace at 10 a.m.
Starr was at Monona Terrace for the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority Multifamily and Economic Development Conference.
A spokesperson for WHEDA said Starr finished his 45 minute speech, took a long pause and collapsed near the podium. He was sitting up a few minutes later and refused further medical care.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land