TOWN OF DANE, Wis. - A fire destroyed a barn and damaged a nearby building in the Town of Dane Monday morning.
The fire in the 7400 block of County Road Y was reported by a passerby at 8:33 a.m, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Twelve chickens were rescued from the fire. The barn is considered a total loss.
The fire spread to another building 20 feet away. Firefighters were able to contain the damage to the roof.
The barn was used mostly for storage.
The cause of the fire has not been determined, but deputies said the fire does not appear to be suspicious.
Damage estimates are not yet known.18590810
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall