TOWN OF BARABOO, Wis. - A Baraboo woman was found dead in a vehicle crashed up against a tree on Hogsback Road in the town of Baraboo Saturday night, officials said.
Police responded to a report of a vehicle found against a tree on Hogsback Road east of Mirror Lake Road in the town of Baraboo around 7:45 p.m., according to the release. The caller was not able to see anyone in or around the vehicle.
Upon arrival, deputies said they found the female driver trapped inside the vehicle. Jade M. Myrick, 19, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The vehicle was severely damaged, officials said. Alcohol does not appear to be a factor, but speed does appear to be a factor in the crash.
Myrick was the only person inside the vehicle, according to the release. She was not wearing her seat belt.
The crash remains under investigation.Hogsback Road east of Mirror Lake Road
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash