BARABOO, Wis. - A Baraboo woman has been arrested after police used a Facebook photo of her bright new hairstyle to connect her to the scene of a burglary.
Krysta L. Skaife is charged with being party to a felony count of burglary. A Baraboo News Republic report said the 27-year-old is accused of breaking into a home and taking money and electronics, including two TVs.
The victims' neighbor told police he saw a woman with red hair carrying items to her car. The neighbor knew the suspect's father but didn't know her name.
Police used that information to find a photo posted to Facebook 17 hours earlier that showed her "pinkish-red hair." That allowed the neighbor to confirm her identity.
A message left with Skaife's defense attorney Saturday wasn't immediately returned.
- Trump, Walker discuss dairy dispute in Wisconsin
- 6-year-old watching TV nearly struck by bullet, Madison police say
- Man injured in gunfire incident at Verona Road gas station
- Student stabbed, seriously wounded at Kenosha high school
- Sauk County man wins $53,000 lottery prize
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say