BARABOO, Wis. - A Baraboo bank robbed Tuesday was also the target of a robbery on June 6.
Baraboo police were called to the Wells Fargo Bank at 710 Broadway St. at 10:55 a.m. after a robbery was reported.
The robber was described as 5 feet 9 inches tall and was wearing navy sweatpants with a stripe, a light-colored shirt and dark shoes, according to police. He displayed a handgun and had a white plastic bag that looks like a grocery bag. He was last seen walking toward 6th Street. His face was covered but police believe the robber might be in his 30s.
Nearby schools were locked down as a precaution.
K-9 teams were called to help search for the robber.
Wells Fargo is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for original information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of the person or persons involved in Tuesdays' robbery, according to a release.
Officials ask anyone with information to contact Baraboo Detective Sgt. Jordan Gilbert at 608-355-7353.
The robber in the June 6 robbery also displayed a gun. He was described as 5 feet 8 inches tall and wearing a canvas-type hood over his head, a black/brown hooded sweatshirt with camouflage sleeves and an unknown design on the front and sweatpants with two-to-three white stripes down the sides.
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call