APPLETON, Wis. - A Wisconsin bar has ended its weekly "Lingerie Night" after a frequent patron allegedly tried to kidnap a bartender.
Police told Post-Crescent Media that Dennis Mitchell of Appleton approached the bartender as she walked to her vehicle and tried to put a bag over her head. He ran away after neighbors responded to her call for help.
The owner of the Eager Beaver Bar decided to stop hosting the event featuring scantily clad bartenders after Mitchell's arrest. She said the incident is an isolated issue.
A neighbor of the bar is attempting to shut it down permanently. She said loud music and fighting have been common occurrences throughout the bar's four years of operation.
Mitchell is being held on $50,000 bond and is expected to return to court Thursday. He has requested a public defender.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap