MADISON, Wis. - Democrat Tammy Baldwin's campaign says it has about $1.6 million cash on hand for the final days of the Senate race against Republican Tommy Thompson.
Baldwin's spokesman John Kraus reported the figure Friday. Thompson's campaign says he had $1.3 million on hand as of Oct. 17.
Both campaigns were required to report by Thursday how much they had raised and spent between Oct. 1-17.
Thompson's spokesman Lisa Boothe says he raised $1.6 million during that period and brought in $6.4 million total for the campaign.
Baldwin's campaign did not say how much she had raised, only how much she had left.
Neither campaign would say how much they had spent.
The reports were not immediately posted on the Federal Election Commission website.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls