MADISON, Wis. - Democrat Tammy Baldwin's campaign says it has about $1.6 million cash on hand for the final days of the Senate race against Republican Tommy Thompson.
Baldwin's spokesman John Kraus reported the figure Friday. Thompson's campaign says he had $1.3 million on hand as of Oct. 17.
Both campaigns were required to report by Thursday how much they had raised and spent between Oct. 1-17.
Thompson's spokesman Lisa Boothe says he raised $1.6 million during that period and brought in $6.4 million total for the campaign.
Baldwin's campaign did not say how much she had raised, only how much she had left.
Neither campaign would say how much they had spent.
The reports were not immediately posted on the Federal Election Commission website.
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers