MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man beat a woman inside a bakery with a wooden table leg Friday afternoon, according to a report from Madison police.
Witnesses called 911 when they saw the attack at Pan & Pan Bakery at 1901 S. Park St. at 5:59 p.m. They told police the man also pushed the woman against a wall.
The victim would not identify herself to police.
A cookie display container was knocked to the floor and a computer monitor was damaged during the fight, police said.
Officers said they found Robert Evans, 67, walking near the area. He told police he and the woman are both homeless and were fighting over money.
Evans was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage to property and three counts of disorderly conduct while armed.Madison crime map
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter