MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man accused of beating a 61-year-old to death appeared in court Monday.
Homicide charges have been filed against Justin Brooks who will also have to undergo a competency exam before his preliminary hearing.
It's not clear what provoked last Tuesday's attack against Robert Kuntz, and he did not recover from a brain bleed and a number of facial fractures after reportedly being beaten with a wooden table leg.
Prosecutors argued for bail at $105,000 and asked a judge to order Brooks to not have contact with two witnesses.
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Parents, child care centers face problems with 4-year-old kindergarten
- Iconic funk drummer Clyde Stubblefield leaves an international legacy
- Stripper sues Cruisin' Chubbys Gentleman's Club
- Teacher uses personal story to educate students on eating disorders
- February will end with near-record high temps, threat of severe thunderstorms