MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man accused of beating a 61-year-old to death appeared in court Monday.
Homicide charges have been filed against Justin Brooks who will also have to undergo a competency exam before his preliminary hearing.
It's not clear what provoked last Tuesday's attack against Robert Kuntz, and he did not recover from a brain bleed and a number of facial fractures after reportedly being beaten with a wooden table leg.
Prosecutors argued for bail at $105,000 and asked a judge to order Brooks to not have contact with two witnesses.
- Madison officer who shot at Metro Market killer awarded
- Edgerton man calls for action over medical billing problem
- Coalition calls on city to immediately fund 15-point violence prevention plan
- Sherrif's department investigates sexting scandal involving local high school students
- Impaired driving police operation nets in multiple arrests, 2 guns seized
- Semi hauling trailer filled with beer crashes, closes highway ramp, officials say