MADISON, Wis. - The University of Wisconsin football team will open its 2016 season playing Louisiana State University at Lambeau Field in Green Bay.
The announcement from the Green Bay Packers and UW Athletic Department was made Friday.
"We have a great working relationship with the Packers and Mark Murphy and I want to thank them for all their help in getting this game scheduled," said Wisconsin Director of Athletics Barry Alvarez. "It is a tremendous opportunity to showcase our program, a great experience for our players to play in one of the most revered stadiums in the country and a terrific chance for our fans to see us play a quality opponent in the state of Wisconsin."
The game is scheduled for Sept. 3.
The Badgers also play LSU at Reliant Stadium in Houston to open the 2014 season.
The 2016 schedule also includes home games against Akron and Georgia State. Home games include opponents Ohio State, Nebraska, Illinois and Minnesota. The Badgers will play Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa, Northwestern and Purdue on the road in 2016.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers