MADISON, Wis. - A woman told police her backpack was ripped off her back while she was walking in downtown Madison Sunday night.
The 21-year-old said she was walking in the 400 block of West Gilman Street when she was approached from behind by a stranger. The woman said the Under Armour brand pack contained her wallet and some clothes.
The woman wasn't able to give police a description of the robber.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes