MADISON, Wis. - A woman told police her backpack was ripped off her back while she was walking in downtown Madison Sunday night.
The 21-year-old said she was walking in the 400 block of West Gilman Street when she was approached from behind by a stranger. The woman said the Under Armour brand pack contained her wallet and some clothes.
The woman wasn't able to give police a description of the robber.
- Autopsy unable to ID human remains found in shed fire, officials say
- State plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- No injuries reported in burst of afternoon gunfire in residential neighborhood
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery