BARABOO, Wis. - A Sauk County babysitter convicted in an infant's death will spend the rest of her life behind bars.
A judge sentenced Jeannette Janusiak to life in prison, but she will be eligible to apply for parole after 40 years.
The 27-year-old asked a judge for leniency in the death of Peyton Shearer three years ago.
Janusiak insisted she is innocent, but prosecutors said the 4-month-old died from three distinct blows to the head.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes