BARABOO, Wis. - A Sauk County babysitter convicted in an infant's death will spend the rest of her life behind bars.
A judge sentenced Jeannette Janusiak to life in prison, but she will be eligible to apply for parole after 40 years.
The 27-year-old asked a judge for leniency in the death of Peyton Shearer three years ago.
Janusiak insisted she is innocent, but prosecutors said the 4-month-old died from three distinct blows to the head.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry