MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Office said a 35-year-old inmate cut off his electronic monitoring bracelet and has been declared AWOL from the Dane County Jail.
Yasash E. Woods, of Windsor, was booked into the Dane County Jail on May 27 for fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to a release. He was put on electronic monitoring through Pathfinders/Jail Diversion on June 3 with a scheduled release date of October 8.
Woods cut off his monitoring bracelet, and his current location is unknown, deputies said.
He is described as 5 feet 11 inches and weighs 225 pounds.
Anyone with information on Woods' whereabouts is asked to call 911.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral