AVOCA, Wis. - The Iowa County sheriff's department has arrested an Avoca man on his sixth charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
Rocky Burkhalter, 54, of Avoca was arrested Wednesday night.
According to the sheriff's department, an Avoca police officer stopped Burkhalter after they found him driving his car in the wrong lane of traffic.
Burkhalter was arrested after a deputy arrived at the scene and conducted a field sobriety test. He was taken to the Iowa County Jail.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs