AVOCA, Wis. - The Iowa County sheriff's department has arrested an Avoca man on his sixth charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
Rocky Burkhalter, 54, of Avoca was arrested Wednesday night.
According to the sheriff's department, an Avoca police officer stopped Burkhalter after they found him driving his car in the wrong lane of traffic.
Burkhalter was arrested after a deputy arrived at the scene and conducted a field sobriety test. He was taken to the Iowa County Jail.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees