AVOCA, Wis. - The Iowa County sheriff's department has arrested an Avoca man on his sixth charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
Rocky Burkhalter, 54, of Avoca was arrested Wednesday night.
According to the sheriff's department, an Avoca police officer stopped Burkhalter after they found him driving his car in the wrong lane of traffic.
Burkhalter was arrested after a deputy arrived at the scene and conducted a field sobriety test. He was taken to the Iowa County Jail.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says