Beloit Police Department confirmed a body was found floating on the east side of the Rock River around 5:15 p.m. Tuesday.
The body was found near 852 Pleasant Street in Beloit by workers at the WP&L substation, officials said.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
Beloit police expect to release more information later on Wednesday.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter