Beloit Police Department confirmed a body was found floating on the east side of the Rock River around 5:15 p.m. Tuesday.
The body was found near 852 Pleasant Street in Beloit by workers at the WP&L substation, officials said.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
Beloit police expect to release more information later on Wednesday.
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving