A La Crosse County medical examiner has determined a homicide victim died from injuries inflicted with an edged weapon and from blunt force trauma. And, that her attacker died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Eighteen-year-old Dana Shefelbine, of Holmen, and 22-year-old Jesse Klukas were found dead in an apartment on French Island Tuesday.
Medical examiner Timothy Candahl told WKBT-TV that additional tests in the case are pending.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes