TOWN OF HARRISON, Wis. - Authorities have arrested a man in what they are now ruling a homicide, after a the body of Jamie Koch, 36, of Plover was found in a burned vehicle Wednesday morning, according to a release from the attorney general's office.
On Wednesday at 11:12 a.m., the Waupaca County Sheriff's Office said it responded to a report of a burned vehicle in the town of Harrison.
Deputies discovered Koch's body in the vehicle, according to a news release from the state attorney general's office.
Sheriff Brad Hardel says Koch may have been killed before she was placed in the car.
The Wisconsin State Crime Lab, in coordination with the Waupaca County Sheriff's Office, the Village of Plover Police Department and the Division of Criminal Investigation, is also investigating an apartment in the village of Plover in connection with the case.
The suspect is tentatively charged with first degree reckless homicide and hiding a corpse. Both are felony charges.
Authorities asked anyone who may have information to contact the Waupaca County Sheriff's Office at 715-258-4466.
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested