JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police said 19 arrests were made during a criminal highway interdiction effort in and around the city of Janesville on Friday.
Police said the focus of the effort was highway safety and enforcement surrounding the transportation of illegal narcotics into the city of Janesville.
The Janesville Police Department in a cooperative effort with Beloit Police Department, Wisconsin State Patrol, Wisconsin Department of Corrections Probation and Parole, the Rock County Sheriff's Office and Milwaukee HIDTA conducted the operation from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday. The operation included K-9 officers from both the Janesville Police Department and the Wisconsin State Patrol
During the operation, 42 traffic stops were made in which 36 traffic citations were issued along with 50 warnings, according to a Janesville Police Department news release.
Police said a total of 19 arrests were made during the operation. Of the 19 arrests, eight people were taken into custody on outstanding warrants, five misdemeanors and three felonies, police said.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online