JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police said 19 arrests were made during a criminal highway interdiction effort in and around the city of Janesville on Friday.
Police said the focus of the effort was highway safety and enforcement surrounding the transportation of illegal narcotics into the city of Janesville.
The Janesville Police Department in a cooperative effort with Beloit Police Department, Wisconsin State Patrol, Wisconsin Department of Corrections Probation and Parole, the Rock County Sheriff's Office and Milwaukee HIDTA conducted the operation from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday. The operation included K-9 officers from both the Janesville Police Department and the Wisconsin State Patrol
During the operation, 42 traffic stops were made in which 36 traffic citations were issued along with 50 warnings, according to a Janesville Police Department news release.
Police said a total of 19 arrests were made during the operation. Of the 19 arrests, eight people were taken into custody on outstanding warrants, five misdemeanors and three felonies, police said.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs