LONE ROCK, Wis. - Richland County authorities and state officials continue to investigate a dead body that was found in Lone Rock Tuesday morning.
According to a release, Richard M. Calandra, 53, of Lone Rock, was found dead in a snowbank next to a residence on the main street near the post office in Lone Rock around 8:20 a.m.
Deputies responding to the scene noted "unusual circumstances" that led them to ask for assistance from the State of Wisconsin Crime Lab and State of Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation, Richland County Sheriff Darrell Berglin said in the release.
Officials said there is no danger to any citizens related to the case.
Berglin said the case is "unusual, not suspicious."
According to the release, it is premature to make any determination on the reason for Calandra's death. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday morning.
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads