LONE ROCK, Wis. - Richland County authorities and state officials continue to investigate a dead body that was found in Lone Rock Tuesday morning.
According to a release, Richard M. Calandra, 53, of Lone Rock, was found dead in a snowbank next to a residence on the main street near the post office in Lone Rock around 8:20 a.m.
Deputies responding to the scene noted "unusual circumstances" that led them to ask for assistance from the State of Wisconsin Crime Lab and State of Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation, Richland County Sheriff Darrell Berglin said in the release.
Officials said there is no danger to any citizens related to the case.
Berglin said the case is "unusual, not suspicious."
According to the release, it is premature to make any determination on the reason for Calandra's death. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday morning.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart