FRIENDSHIP, Wis. - The Adams County Sheriff's Office said Thursday morning that the at-risk man reported missing Tuesday was found safe, according to a news alert.
Michael C. Campbell, 49, had last been seen in the 2300 block of County Road Z in the town of Quincy around 8 p.m. Tuesday, deputies said. The area where he was last seen is about 7 miles southwest of the village of Friendship.
Authorities said Wednesday night that they were concerned for Campbell's welfare because he made statements threatening to harm himself.
An alert sent just before 9 a.m. Thursday said Campbel "has been located and is safe."
The sheriff's office said no other information will be released about the incident.
- Deputies: Two dead in Columbia County lawn mower vs. motorcycle crash
- Heavy rains remind Darlington residents of previous floods
- As floods inundate Wisconsin, BBB warns of scams
- Janesville PD looking for robbery suspect after high-speed chase
- BBB tips for coping with flood damage
- Urban League, health care providers to announce $100,000 worker training grant