FRIENDSHIP, Wis. - The Adams County Sheriff's Office said Thursday morning that the at-risk man reported missing Tuesday was found safe, according to a news alert.
Michael C. Campbell, 49, had last been seen in the 2300 block of County Road Z in the town of Quincy around 8 p.m. Tuesday, deputies said. The area where he was last seen is about 7 miles southwest of the village of Friendship.
Authorities said Wednesday night that they were concerned for Campbell's welfare because he made statements threatening to harm himself.
An alert sent just before 9 a.m. Thursday said Campbel "has been located and is safe."
The sheriff's office said no other information will be released about the incident.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game