FRIENDSHIP, Wis. - The Adams County Sheriff's Office said Thursday morning that the at-risk man reported missing Tuesday was found safe, according to a news alert.
Michael C. Campbell, 49, had last been seen in the 2300 block of County Road Z in the town of Quincy around 8 p.m. Tuesday, deputies said. The area where he was last seen is about 7 miles southwest of the village of Friendship.
Authorities said Wednesday night that they were concerned for Campbell's welfare because he made statements threatening to harm himself.
An alert sent just before 9 a.m. Thursday said Campbel "has been located and is safe."
The sheriff's office said no other information will be released about the incident.
- Mexican official threatens to halt U.S. corn imports, worrying local farmers
- Incumbent Evers advances easily in schools race
- Consumer Reports: Genetic testing your health
- Janesville horse rescue center helps save part of historic wild mustang herd
- Teacher, student kidney transplant set for Wednesday
- Listeria may pose greater risk of early miscarriage, UW researchers say