FRIENDSHIP, Wis. - The Adams County Sheriff's Office said Thursday morning that the at-risk man reported missing Tuesday was found safe, according to a news alert.
Michael C. Campbell, 49, had last been seen in the 2300 block of County Road Z in the town of Quincy around 8 p.m. Tuesday, deputies said. The area where he was last seen is about 7 miles southwest of the village of Friendship.
Authorities said Wednesday night that they were concerned for Campbell's welfare because he made statements threatening to harm himself.
An alert sent just before 9 a.m. Thursday said Campbel "has been located and is safe."
The sheriff's office said no other information will be released about the incident.
- Man who knocked man unconscious in downtown Madison garage arrested
- State revenue department touts anti-fraud efforts
- 2 men face charges in Madison gas station shooting that injured 4
- Tree limb crashes through roof into family room of west Madison home, fire officials say
- It's 'Time to Talk' about the issues all around us
- Consumer Reports: Is identity theft insurance worth it?