FRIENDSHIP, Wis. - The Adams County Sheriff's Office said Thursday morning that the at-risk man reported missing Tuesday was found safe, according to a news alert.
Michael C. Campbell, 49, had last been seen in the 2300 block of County Road Z in the town of Quincy around 8 p.m. Tuesday, deputies said. The area where he was last seen is about 7 miles southwest of the village of Friendship.
Authorities said Wednesday night that they were concerned for Campbell's welfare because he made statements threatening to harm himself.
An alert sent just before 9 a.m. Thursday said Campbel "has been located and is safe."
The sheriff's office said no other information will be released about the incident.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart