MADISON, Wis. - Authorities have arrested a man suspected of dealing heroin and marijuana, the Columbia County Sheriff's Office said.
The Columbia County Sheriff's Office Drug Task Force and the Marquette County Sheriff's Office concluded a drug investigation leading to the arrest of Mitchell Evan Stanford, 22, on Sunday, according to a Columbia County Sheriff's Office news release.
Stanford, of Endeavor, was arrested on two counts of felony delivery of heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia, delivery of marijuana and possession of marijuana in a jail, according to the news release.
Sheriff's officials said Stanford was identified as a heroin source who was providing heroin to people in Portage and Wisconsin Dells.
During the arrest and subsequent search of Stanford, law enforcement found a heroin user kit, money, marijuana and other drug paraphernalia, authorities said.
Stanford tried to conceal the marijuana on him and tried to smuggle it into the jail, according to the news release.
Stanford was also arrested on a charge of driving while under the influence of heroin.
He will make his initial appearance in Columbia County Circuit Court on Tuesday.
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people