TOWN OF WAYNE, Wis. - An Iowa man was flown to a hospital after his ATV struck a bridge, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the Cheese Country Trail in the town of Wayne at 7 p.m. Friday for a report of an ATV crash.
Investigators said David R. Pate, 64, of Iowa City, Iowa, was driving the ATV west on the trail when he lost control and struck a bridge. He was ejected and found lying face-down in a creek.
The ATV and bridge sustained extensive damage. The bridge was repaired by volunteers from a local ATV club.
South Wayne First Response, the South Wayne Fire Department, Green County EMS, Med Flight, the Browntown Fire Department and Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources assisted at the scene.
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case