TOWN OF WAYNE, Wis. - An Iowa man was flown to a hospital after his ATV struck a bridge, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the Cheese Country Trail in the town of Wayne at 7 p.m. Friday for a report of an ATV crash.
Investigators said David R. Pate, 64, of Iowa City, Iowa, was driving the ATV west on the trail when he lost control and struck a bridge. He was ejected and found lying face-down in a creek.
The ATV and bridge sustained extensive damage. The bridge was repaired by volunteers from a local ATV club.
South Wayne First Response, the South Wayne Fire Department, Green County EMS, Med Flight, the Browntown Fire Department and Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources assisted at the scene.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say