TOWN OF ARCADIA, Wis. - A male who was riding an all-terrain vehicle in west-central Wisconsin has died after losing control on a curve.
Trempealeau County deputies say the crash happened Saturday about 7:30 p.m. in the Town of Arcadia.
Authorities say a group of riders had set out from a farm. When they returned they realized one of the riders wasn't with them. Several people went back and found where the victim's ATV had left the road.
The rider was lying on the ground next to his ATV. Rescue officials rushed him to a waiting medical helicopter but he died before it lifted off.
The male's name, age and hometown haven't been released.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says