TOWN OF ARCADIA, Wis. - A male who was riding an all-terrain vehicle in west-central Wisconsin has died after losing control on a curve.
Trempealeau County deputies say the crash happened Saturday about 7:30 p.m. in the Town of Arcadia.
Authorities say a group of riders had set out from a farm. When they returned they realized one of the riders wasn't with them. Several people went back and found where the victim's ATV had left the road.
The rider was lying on the ground next to his ATV. Rescue officials rushed him to a waiting medical helicopter but he died before it lifted off.
The male's name, age and hometown haven't been released.
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in