MADISON, Wis. - Two attorneys who fought a secret probe of Gov. Scott Walker's campaign wants the state Supreme Court to return all documents seized in the case and order an investigation into who leaked them to a newspaper.
Dean Strang and Edward Meyers filed the motion Friday. They were among several attorneys who pushed back against a John Doe probe into whether Walker's recall campaign illegally coordinated with outside groups. The state Supreme Court halted the probe last year, ruling the coordination was legal. The U.S. Supreme Court refused to consider prosecutors' appeal last week, officially ending the investigation.
The attorneys noted in their motion the state Supreme Court ordered all materials returned but someone leaked hundreds of pages to the Guardian newspaper. The attorneys allege that was a crime.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap