MADISON, Wis. - Two attorneys who fought a secret probe of Gov. Scott Walker's campaign wants the state Supreme Court to return all documents seized in the case and order an investigation into who leaked them to a newspaper.
Dean Strang and Edward Meyers filed the motion Friday. They were among several attorneys who pushed back against a John Doe probe into whether Walker's recall campaign illegally coordinated with outside groups. The state Supreme Court halted the probe last year, ruling the coordination was legal. The U.S. Supreme Court refused to consider prosecutors' appeal last week, officially ending the investigation.
The attorneys noted in their motion the state Supreme Court ordered all materials returned but someone leaked hundreds of pages to the Guardian newspaper. The attorneys allege that was a crime.
- Dane County deputies shut down Bratfest carnival
- Police investigate bomb threat at Madison library
- Extra Janesville officers on patrol for 'Click It or Ticket' enforcement
- Diabetics feeling pinch as insulin prices rise 8 percent
- Police: occupants of both cars in hit-and-run flee scene
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash