TOWN OF SIGEL, Wis. - The Wood County sheriff said at least two people have died in a house fire in the Town of Sigel.
Sheriff Thomas Reichert said a search continues in the burned house for other possible victims. Area fire departments were called to the house that was engulfed in flames about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Reichert said the fire has been extinguished.
Firefighters from Vesper, Pittsville, Arpin, Rudolph, Grand Rapids, Nekoosa and Port Edwards responded.
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan