TOWN OF SIGEL, Wis. - The Wood County sheriff said at least two people have died in a house fire in the Town of Sigel.
Sheriff Thomas Reichert said a search continues in the burned house for other possible victims. Area fire departments were called to the house that was engulfed in flames about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Reichert said the fire has been extinguished.
Firefighters from Vesper, Pittsville, Arpin, Rudolph, Grand Rapids, Nekoosa and Port Edwards responded.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry