TOWN OF SIGEL, Wis. - The Wood County sheriff said at least two people have died in a house fire in the Town of Sigel.
Sheriff Thomas Reichert said a search continues in the burned house for other possible victims. Area fire departments were called to the house that was engulfed in flames about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Reichert said the fire has been extinguished.
Firefighters from Vesper, Pittsville, Arpin, Rudolph, Grand Rapids, Nekoosa and Port Edwards responded.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say