MADISON, Wis. - The Assembly has passed a bill that would double the amount people could donate to political campaigns and also allow for online registration.
Despite passing the bill on a voice vote Wednesday in the Assembly, it was unclear when the Senate may take it up.
Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos says he hopes the Senate will vote on it by the end of June before it adjourns until September.
But Republican leaders in the Senate have not yet agreed to take up the bill.
The proposal must pass both chambers in identical form and be signed by Gov. Scott Walker before it can become law.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash