MADISON, Wis. - The military-style amphibious vehicle known as the Wisconsin Duck would be able to travel even farther on land under a bill passed by the state Assembly.
The measure approved Tuesday would allow the vehicles popular with tourists in Wisconsin Dells to travel up to five miles on land instead of just two before they would have to be registered as a vehicle and not a boat.
The vehicles have wheels and can operate on land but are shaped more like a boat and also float on water. They can carry up to 10 passengers and have been popular with sightseeing tourists for years.
Bill sponsor Rep. Joan Ballweg, a Republican from Markesan, says as the Dells continues to expand, the Ducks need to travel farther.
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids