MADISON, Wis. - Two committees in the state Assembly next year will have bipartisan co-chairs.
Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos announced the unusual move on Tuesday.
Vos says that the State and Federal Relations Committee along with the Constitution and Ethics Committee will be chaired by both Republicans and Democrats.
Republican Rep. Travis Tranel and Democratic Rep. Leon Young will co-chair the State and Federal Relations Committee. Republican Rep. Chris Kapenga and Democratic Rep. Jill Billings will co-chair the Constitution and Ethics Committee.
Vos said this is the first time since 1995 that Assembly committees had chairs from both parties. That year, the Assembly was under Republican control but a Democrat was appointed chair of the Urban Education Committee.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK