MADISON, Wis. - Two committees in the state Assembly next year will have bipartisan co-chairs.
Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos announced the unusual move on Tuesday.
Vos says that the State and Federal Relations Committee along with the Constitution and Ethics Committee will be chaired by both Republicans and Democrats.
Republican Rep. Travis Tranel and Democratic Rep. Leon Young will co-chair the State and Federal Relations Committee. Republican Rep. Chris Kapenga and Democratic Rep. Jill Billings will co-chair the Constitution and Ethics Committee.
Vos said this is the first time since 1995 that Assembly committees had chairs from both parties. That year, the Assembly was under Republican control but a Democrat was appointed chair of the Urban Education Committee.
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- Missing Beloit man found dead
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project
- Man suffers serious injuries in snowmobile rollover
- Janesville police looking for accused Target thief