MADISON, Wis. - Two committees in the state Assembly next year will have bipartisan co-chairs.
Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos announced the unusual move on Tuesday.
Vos says that the State and Federal Relations Committee along with the Constitution and Ethics Committee will be chaired by both Republicans and Democrats.
Republican Rep. Travis Tranel and Democratic Rep. Leon Young will co-chair the State and Federal Relations Committee. Republican Rep. Chris Kapenga and Democratic Rep. Jill Billings will co-chair the Constitution and Ethics Committee.
Vos said this is the first time since 1995 that Assembly committees had chairs from both parties. That year, the Assembly was under Republican control but a Democrat was appointed chair of the Urban Education Committee.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say