MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested on suspicion of first-degree sexual assault for a sexual assault near the University of Wisconsin campus last week.
Police said Marcus T. Boone, 27, was identified because of a good description provided by the victim which was used to search surveillance video from downtown cameras.
A 21-year-old woman told police the assault occurred early Wednesday morning in a parking lot at Fahrenbrook Court while she was walking home from an evening with friends in the State Street area.
Officers worked undercover looking for a suspect and trying to determine his identity. They also used surveillance video from various downtown locations.
"In using the video that was out there we were able to find an individual and track his movements to some degree," Madison Police Department Joel DeSpain said. "We were able to identify him as a possible suspect based on what the victim had told us the person that attacked her looked like."
Police said Boone was contacted and agreed to meet with police, which led to his arrest.
More details about the case are expected to be released in a criminal complaint.Madison crime map
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns