MADISON, Wis. - A woman was robbed by an armed man while walking on the near west side Friday morning, according to Madison police.
The 18-year-old victim told police she was walking on Lathrop Street near Chadbourne Avenue after 1 a.m. when she was approached by a man who demanded her belongings.
Police said when the victim asked why she should give him her things the man pointed a handgun at her and said, "Because I need them."
The victim turned over her purse and iPhone and fled. Officers called a K-9 to assist in searching for the man.
The robber is described as black, 5 feet 6 inches tall with a thin build and wearing a dark sweatshirt.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes