MOUNT HOREB, Wis. - An Evansville man robbed a pharmacy and tried to get away on a bicycle Monday morning, according to a release from Mount Horeb police.
Paul Engel entered the Mount Horeb Pharmacy at 203 W. Main St. around 10:40 a.m., and threatened staff with a knife while demanding Oxycontin and morphine, police said.
After getting the medication Engel fled the pharmacy and attempted to ride away on his bike, according to the release. While attempting to get on the bike, a pharmacy employee grabbed Engel and took him to the ground.
Engel scratched and bit the employee, but the employee was able to gain control of him and hold him until officers arrived, officials said.
Engel faces tentative charges of armed robbery, bail jumping and substantial battery. He was out on bail for a previous pharmacy robbery in Rock County.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says