MADISON, Wis. - Police said three armed men robbed a man downtown Friday night.
The Madison Police Department said a 22-year-old was walking on the 400 block of State Street at about 10:55 p.m. when he was approached by three men in their 20s.
The victim told police the men demanded money.
A short struggle ensued and one of the men pulled out a weapon, according to the report. The muggers stole some electronic equipment and fled on foot.
Police described one of the men as black, about 6 feet tall and wearing a gray sweatshirt and black pants. A second robber was described as black, also about 6 feet tall wearing a gray shirt and black pants. The third man who displayed a weapon was described as black and short, but no information about his clothing was provided.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap