MADISON, Wis. - Police said three armed men robbed a man downtown Friday night.
The Madison Police Department said a 22-year-old was walking on the 400 block of State Street at about 10:55 p.m. when he was approached by three men in their 20s.
The victim told police the men demanded money.
A short struggle ensued and one of the men pulled out a weapon, according to the report. The muggers stole some electronic equipment and fled on foot.
Police described one of the men as black, about 6 feet tall and wearing a gray sweatshirt and black pants. A second robber was described as black, also about 6 feet tall wearing a gray shirt and black pants. The third man who displayed a weapon was described as black and short, but no information about his clothing was provided.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says