PHILLIPS, Wis. - A southeast Wisconsin man charged with threatening a group of youth group campers in Price County with a knife and gun.
Authorities said 28-year-old Jesse Rutherford, of Big Bend, crashed his car into a ditch near Phillips last month and stumbled on a group of campers.
A criminal complaint said an intoxicated Rutherford ordered the campers to their knees and ordered them to help him with his car. The campers included five teens and two adults who were on a church youth group trip.
They followed the man to his car, but were unable to get the vehicle out of the ditch. WSAW-TV said one of the campers told Rutherford he would go get a truck to help pull the car out. That's when a 911 call was placed and sheriff's deputies arrived to arrest the man.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets