A father accused of killing his three young sons in a house fire faces sentencing in Lafayette County.
Thirty-three-year-old Armin Wand faces life in prison when he sentenced Wednesday.
Authorities say he set his house on fire in September in hopes of killing his family and collecting insurance money. Seven-year-old Allen, 5-year-old Jeffrey and 3-year-old Joseph died in the fire. Sharon Wand and the couple's 2-year-old daughter escaped the fire. The mother later suffered a miscarriage.
Wand pleaded guilty to four counts of first-degree intentional homicide, one felony murder through arson of a building and one count of arson of a building. Prosecutors dropped two counts of attempted first-degree intentional homicide.
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing