MADISON, Wis. - An Arena man has been cited on his fourth offense of drunken driving after a police officer and a concerned citizen noted his high speeds downtown.
According to a Madison Police Department statement, an officer monitoring traffic on John Nolen Avenue clocked Marshall Iverson, 41, driving at 60 miles per hour.
MPD almost simultaneously received a call from a concern citizen on John Nolen saying she saw a white vehicle drive by her so quickly that she "felt like she was standing still," the statement said.
Upon determining both observations were of the same vehicle, the officer pulled over Iverson, who was cited for speeding and arrested for fourth offense drunk driving, according to the statement.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs