MADISON, Wis. - An Arena man has been cited on his fourth offense of drunken driving after a police officer and a concerned citizen noted his high speeds downtown.
According to a Madison Police Department statement, an officer monitoring traffic on John Nolen Avenue clocked Marshall Iverson, 41, driving at 60 miles per hour.
MPD almost simultaneously received a call from a concern citizen on John Nolen saying she saw a white vehicle drive by her so quickly that she "felt like she was standing still," the statement said.
Upon determining both observations were of the same vehicle, the officer pulled over Iverson, who was cited for speeding and arrested for fourth offense drunk driving, according to the statement.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says