An Amery man has won an annual brat-eating contest in Sheboygan by eating 18 brats in 10 minutes.
The Sheboygan Press Media reported Saturday's contest appeared to be heading for a tie. But Travis Mizejewski managed to down No. 18 with 15 seconds left on the clock.
Mizejewski ate 17 brats last year. He wasn't sure he could beat last year's champion, who'd eaten 20 brats. But Bobby Smith of Racine didn't return to defend his title.
With his win over his 17 competitors, Mizejewski took home $500 and a year's supply of Johnsonville Sausage. He also won $500 for the charity of his choice, which was Sheboygan Neighbors Against Drugs.
The event is part of the annual Brat Days Festival.
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people