IRVING, Texas - Barry Alvarez has been named to the College Football Playoff selection committee, according to a release from the University of Wisconsin Badgers.
"I've been a decision-maker," Alvarez said. "You make tough decisions every day as a head football coach; you make tough decisions every day in this job as an athletic direction. There are going to be some tough decisions made on this selection committee."
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, former Nebraska coach Tom Osborne and Hall of Fame quarterback Archie Manning are also among the 13 people who will be part of the selection committee in 2014.
The selection committee was officially unveiled Wednesday, though the names of the members were reported last week by The Associated Press and other media outlets. Earlier this week, Arkansas Athletic Director Jeff Long was announced as the chairman of the first committee for the new playoff system that starts next year.
Long and BCS Executive Director Bill Hancock announced the members at news conference.
The committee also includes five current athletic directors, including Long, former Notre Dame, Stanford and Washington coach Tyrone Willingham, and former Big East Commissioner Mike Tranghese.
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- Missing Beloit man found dead
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project
- Man suffers serious injuries in snowmobile rollover
- Janesville police looking for accused Target thief