MILWAUKEE - Alterra Coffee is changing its name and parting ways with the Mars Corp.
Alterra owners say nothing will change except for its name, which will now be Colectivo, an inspiration from the artsy buses used for public transportation in Latin America.
The Milwaukee-based Alterra sold the brand name to Mars in 2010, which allowed Mars to distribute the coffee globally. The revenue allowed Alterra to expand its cafes to other cities, including Madison.
Alterra ends its three-year relationship with Mars. The three original Alterra founders, Lincoln Fowler, Ward Fowler and Paul Miller, will maintain control of Colectivo Coffee.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says