MILWAUKEE - Alterra Coffee is changing its name and parting ways with the Mars Corp.
Alterra owners say nothing will change except for its name, which will now be Colectivo, an inspiration from the artsy buses used for public transportation in Latin America.
The Milwaukee-based Alterra sold the brand name to Mars in 2010, which allowed Mars to distribute the coffee globally. The revenue allowed Alterra to expand its cafes to other cities, including Madison.
Alterra ends its three-year relationship with Mars. The three original Alterra founders, Lincoln Fowler, Ward Fowler and Paul Miller, will maintain control of Colectivo Coffee.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs