MADISON, Wis. - The Alliant Energy Center is getting upgrades to help it better host two major money-making events in Madison.
Dane County Executive Joe Parisi announced that construction crews will build two new state-of-the-art pavilions.
The World Dairy Expo and Midwest Horse Fair will use the new pavilions. Those annual events bring millions of dollars into Dane County's economy each year.
"It was also becoming apparent that the home of this legacy needs to evolve with the times," said Rhonda Reese, general manager of the Midwest Horse Fair. "That is why we saw these new pavilions not as an expense, but rather an investment in our future here in Madison."
The World Dairy Expo will be held at the Alliant Energy Center for the next ten years and the horse fair has a 20-year agreement with the county.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs