MADISON, Wis. - The Alliant Energy Center is getting upgrades to help it better host two major money-making events in Madison.
Dane County Executive Joe Parisi announced that construction crews will build two new state-of-the-art pavilions.
The World Dairy Expo and Midwest Horse Fair will use the new pavilions. Those annual events bring millions of dollars into Dane County's economy each year.
"It was also becoming apparent that the home of this legacy needs to evolve with the times," said Rhonda Reese, general manager of the Midwest Horse Fair. "That is why we saw these new pavilions not as an expense, but rather an investment in our future here in Madison."
The World Dairy Expo will be held at the Alliant Energy Center for the next ten years and the horse fair has a 20-year agreement with the county.
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution