DARLINGTON, Wis. - A Darlington man was cited on suspicion of operating while under the influence in a rollover crash that seriously injured him and a passenger, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators said a car driven by Devin A. Hastert, 24, was traveling east on State Highway 81 Saturday afternoon when it went onto the gravel shoulder. Hastert over-corrected, sending the car into the opposite ditch where it overturned and struck a utility pole, according to deputies.
Hastert and his passenger, Caitlyn M. Sproul, 22, of Twin Lakes, were taken to Lafayette County Memorial Hospital and later flown to a Madison hospital.
Hastert was also cited on suspicion of failure to have control, open intoxicants in a vehicle and possession of marijuana.
The Darlington Fire Department, Darlington Police Department, and Alliant Energy assisted at the accident scene.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land