DARLINGTON, Wis. - A Darlington man was cited on suspicion of operating while under the influence in a rollover crash that seriously injured him and a passenger, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators said a car driven by Devin A. Hastert, 24, was traveling east on State Highway 81 Saturday afternoon when it went onto the gravel shoulder. Hastert over-corrected, sending the car into the opposite ditch where it overturned and struck a utility pole, according to deputies.
Hastert and his passenger, Caitlyn M. Sproul, 22, of Twin Lakes, were taken to Lafayette County Memorial Hospital and later flown to a Madison hospital.
Hastert was also cited on suspicion of failure to have control, open intoxicants in a vehicle and possession of marijuana.
The Darlington Fire Department, Darlington Police Department, and Alliant Energy assisted at the accident scene.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs