DARLINGTON, Wis. - A Darlington man was cited on suspicion of operating while under the influence in a rollover crash that seriously injured him and a passenger, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators said a car driven by Devin A. Hastert, 24, was traveling east on State Highway 81 Saturday afternoon when it went onto the gravel shoulder. Hastert over-corrected, sending the car into the opposite ditch where it overturned and struck a utility pole, according to deputies.
Hastert and his passenger, Caitlyn M. Sproul, 22, of Twin Lakes, were taken to Lafayette County Memorial Hospital and later flown to a Madison hospital.
Hastert was also cited on suspicion of failure to have control, open intoxicants in a vehicle and possession of marijuana.
The Darlington Fire Department, Darlington Police Department, and Alliant Energy assisted at the accident scene.
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI