DARLINGTON, Wis. - A Darlington man was cited on suspicion of operating while under the influence in a rollover crash that seriously injured him and a passenger, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators said a car driven by Devin A. Hastert, 24, was traveling east on State Highway 81 Saturday afternoon when it went onto the gravel shoulder. Hastert over-corrected, sending the car into the opposite ditch where it overturned and struck a utility pole, according to deputies.
Hastert and his passenger, Caitlyn M. Sproul, 22, of Twin Lakes, were taken to Lafayette County Memorial Hospital and later flown to a Madison hospital.
Hastert was also cited on suspicion of failure to have control, open intoxicants in a vehicle and possession of marijuana.
The Darlington Fire Department, Darlington Police Department, and Alliant Energy assisted at the accident scene.
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two