MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has issued an air quality alert for eastern and south-central Wisconsin.
The alert issued Sunday cites particle pollution. As the alert is rated orange, the air quality could be unhealthy for people in sensitive groups. It's scheduled to expire at noon Monday.
The alert affects an area from Green Bay south to Kenosha County. The counties affected include Brown, Calumet, Dane, Dodge, Fond du Lac Jefferson, Kenosha, Manitowoc, Milwaukee, Outagamie, Ozaukee, Racine, Rock, Sheboygan, Walworth, Washington and Winnebago.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms