MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has issued an air quality alert for eastern and south-central Wisconsin.
The alert issued Sunday cites particle pollution. As the alert is rated orange, the air quality could be unhealthy for people in sensitive groups. It's scheduled to expire at noon Monday.
The alert affects an area from Green Bay south to Kenosha County. The counties affected include Brown, Calumet, Dane, Dodge, Fond du Lac Jefferson, Kenosha, Manitowoc, Milwaukee, Outagamie, Ozaukee, Racine, Rock, Sheboygan, Walworth, Washington and Winnebago.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry