MADISON, Wis. - A west Madison woman had earned her degree in psychology and had several career starts and sputters before a misguided gift put her on the painting path.
Adriana Willsie said her then-boyfriend gave her a paint set for Christmas five years ago, explaining to her that she could get back into the art form.
But Willsie said she had never picked up a brush before, and she's not sure where he got the idea. A couple weeks later she did pick up the gifted brush and 7 hours later, she'd painted a picture of her boyfriend, who's now her husband.
Years later, Willsie now paints for a living, and her subjects are most often people's beloved critter companions: Painting pet portraits.
For more information about Willsie's art, visit adrianawillsie.com.
- VA police officer sentenced for taking medications
- Silver Alert issued for Delavan man with medical condition
- Madison firefighters get cat out of tree
- Court says Wisconsin Bell discriminated against worker
- Wallet snatched from 70-year-old woman, police say
- Man banned from library found with knife, police say