WAUNAKEE, Wis. - More than 90 employees will lose their jobs when a Waunakee business closes its doors in June, according to a Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development release.
Techline will be permanently laying off 93 employees when it closes its Waunakee location at 500 South Division St., according to the release.
An initial round of layoffs will start June 9 with 82 employees losing their jobs, officials said. The other 11 employees will be laid off over time until Oct. 31.
"We deeply appreciate the dedication and service of all our employees. Techline and its owners have long been committed to the company's employees and their family," a statement from the company said. "Over the last 45 years, Techline has provided hundreds of good-paying union jobs in Dane County with strong employment benefits, safe working conditions and the highest quality products."
The statement said the company is no longer economically viable in an increasingly competitive global economy.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say