MADISON, Wis. - The 911 recordings from the night Kayden Powell was reported missing have been released by the Rock County Communications Center.
Kayden's mother, Brianna Marshall, reported him missing Thursday morning from his bassinet in a town of Beloit home around 4:30 a.m.
In the recording, Marshall said she last saw Kayden when she put him to sleep around 1:30 a.m.
Police found Kayden tucked in a storage crate outside a gas station in West Branch, Iowa, in frigid temperatures more than 24 hours later.
Kristen Smith, Kayden's mother's half-sister, was arrested in West Branch, Iowa, Thursday on a warrant out of Texas. Authorities originally declined to comment whether Smith was a suspect in Kayden's abduction, but Smith was eventually charged in his disappearance.
A Denver woman, who is involved in a custody battle with Smith and her ex-husband for partial custody of her daughter, is speaking out about trying to warn the courts in Colorado about Smith's suspicious activity.
"I told the judge that nobody knows who she is. She has different aliases. I have all these police reports. She has different dates of birth. I have four different date of births listed here," Indya Ford said.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement