MAZOMANIE, Wis. - Construction will start on Highway 14 between Black Earth and Mazomanie Thursday to make safety improvements, according to a release from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Safety improvements at the entrance of Wisconsin Heights High School and on Highway 14 will be made, including consolidating the two entrances to the school and adding turn lanes on Highway 14, officials said.
Two temporary lanes of traffic will stay open during construction, according to the release. Access to the school will be maintained from Olson Road.
Officials encourage drivers to reduce speeds and anticipate traffic slowdowns near the work zone.
The $900,000 project is expected to be completed by Aug. 29.
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant