MAZOMANIE, Wis. - Construction will start on Highway 14 between Black Earth and Mazomanie Thursday to make safety improvements, according to a release from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Safety improvements at the entrance of Wisconsin Heights High School and on Highway 14 will be made, including consolidating the two entrances to the school and adding turn lanes on Highway 14, officials said.
Two temporary lanes of traffic will stay open during construction, according to the release. Access to the school will be maintained from Olson Road.
Officials encourage drivers to reduce speeds and anticipate traffic slowdowns near the work zone.
The $900,000 project is expected to be completed by Aug. 29.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend