MADISON, Wis. - A 9-year-old boy was taken to a hospital after being struck by a car Friday morning, according to police.
Madison police said the boy stepped into the roadway at Hackney and Lamplighter ways at about 7:30 a.m., and he was struck by a slow-moving car.
The boy was taken to a hospital complaining of back pain but was not seriously injured.
Police said the preliminary investigation showed the boy was at fault.
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration